This is my Battle of the Beadsmith 2017 entry: The Heart of an Amazon.
With Wonder Woman out, I wanted to make something that is magnificent and gloriously badass. It makes you feel very proud and feminine when worn.
These beautiful bead embroidered necklaces resemble a flower from another planet. Each petal tells a different story, as each has its unique shine. There are also little mosses and mushrooms growing out from the centre.
These are 2 sister-necklaces, from which one is available in my shop.
This is a choker necklace, made for the bravest of women.
I thought if I make a necklace, mixing 3 tablespoon of black embroidery with 2 tablespoon of Scarabeus green with a hint of gold and stir for a little while, it would look exquisite.
– Swarovski 6910 Kaputt Oval Crystal Scarabaeus Green, 36mm
– Swarovski 4922 Kaputt Crystal Dorado Foiled, 28.0×24.0
– Swarovski 1122 Crystal Scarabaeus Green Foiled, 12 mm
– Swarovski 1122 Crystal Scarabaeus Green Foiled, SS39
– Swarovski 5728 Scarab Crystal Scarabaeus Green, 12mm
– Swarovski 5328 Crystal Scarabaeus Green, 3mm
– Swarovski 5328 Crystal Scarabaeus Green, 4mm
– Swarovski 5810 Crystal Scarabaeus Green Pearl, 3mm
– Swarovski 5810 Crystal Scarabaeus Green Pearl, 6mm
– Miyuki Delica 11/0 Black, 0010
– Toho seedbead 15/0 Black, 49
– Black Ribbon
– Netting Stitch
Overall size of piece:
– Length: 16 cm // 6 3/8 inch
– Main piece width: 10,5 cm // 4 1/8 inch
– With the ribbon, the size of the necklace can vary
Time to complete: Around 150 hours.